Friday, February 16, 2018

North Dakota's Tom Campbell and Kevin Cramer Switch Places, Run for Office

This is a noteworthy development, to put in mildly.


I guess there were some concerns that Tom Campbell didn't have the necessary name ID to make it across the entire state in a contest against Heidi Heitkamp.

Campbell was doing pretty well, going around the state, showing up at every event imaginable.

North Dakota is a decently sized state, even if the population is smaller than the city of San Francisco.

So, incumbent House Rep Kevin Kramer has decided to give up his re-election bid and will run for US Senate, while Tom Campbell has agreed to run for the House Seat.

This is a brilliant switcheroo, just like what Ken Buck and Cory Gardner of Colorado had done in 2014.

Not that I am a big fan of Cory Gardner, but he's been a slightly better ally than Mark Udall, who would have voted against everyone of President Trump's priorities.

For now, let's take solace that the chances have increased considerably for Republicans to pick up a US Senate seat this election cycle.

Arthur,
North Dakota deserves the best conservative representation at all levels.
We need Republicans in both the House of Representatives and in the Senate if we are going to push forward with President Trump’s ‘America-First’ agenda.
That’s why I am officially endorsing my friend Congressman Kevin Cramer in his Senate race against Democratic Senator Heidi Heitkamp.
Senator Heitkamp and her national liberal allies in Washington would love nothing more than a divisive and nasty Republican primary. But North Dakotans deserve better.
That’s why I will be running to represent North Dakota in the U.S. House of Representatives, by seeking the lone Congressional seat to represent our state.
I’ve enjoyed traveling the state and don’t plan on slowing down. I have big shoes to fill with the vacancy that Kevin Cramer is leaving in the House and we can’t afford to lose his seat.

With Kevin Cramer in the Senate and myself in the House of Representatives, we can bring real, conservative representation to all North Dakotans -- representation that Senator Heitkamp has not given us for years.

To start my campaign for Congress off on a strong foot, please consider contributing to my campaign right now!

Thank you for all of your support so far. I look forward to working with you as I fight to represent our great state on the floor of Congress.
- Tom Campbell

P.S. Already, 45 prominent Republicans have announced their support of my bid for the U.S. House of Representatives. Will you join them in supporting my campaign?

  

No comments:

Post a Comment