Monday, February 5, 2018

Delusional Democrats: "I Am An American ... Undocumented Youth Like Me"

This is the height of delusion.

The Democratic Party refuses to acknowledge the obvious. Like Governor Phil Murphy of New Jersey, liberals are convinced that just living in the United States for an period of time makes you an American.

Being an American is all about citizenship, whether by birth or through naturalization.



Yet here's the latest eblast from Democrats.org, in which an illegal alien declares "I am an American, and not just on paper ..."

And yet he was brought into this country by his parents, without authorization, illegally, which makes him ... not an American.

You have to read it for yourself to believe how delusional this is:

I'm an American, Arthur -- just not on paper.

After my father passed away from cancer when I was a small boy, my mother brought me and my two sisters from the Dominican Republic to the United States to build a better life here.

For the last 16 years, I've lived in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. It's my home -- the only one I've really ever known. Yet under the current system, there's no way for young undocumented immigrants like me to come out of the shadows and gain citizenship.

The Dream Act would do just that -- it would create a path for undocumented youth to stay here in the U.S. and fully contribute to society without fear of deportation.

Dreamers can't wait any longer, and it's up to us to keep the pressure on Congress to pass this legislation immediately. Add your name to tell Congress to pass the Dream Act now: 

ADD YOUR NAME

Today, there are nearly 800,000 Dreamers who are living in fear that we will have to leave our families and our homes. Thousands of people are already losing their protected status and could face deportation. 

To the members of Congress contemplating whether or not to support the Dream Act with a path to citizenship, I'd say this: Put yourself in our shoes -- consider how long we have been here. Our most formative years have been spent in this country and it is ours to call home. 

The time for Congress to act is now. 

Add your name to tell Congress to pass the Dream Act and create a pathway to citizenship for Dreamers like me.

I'm not going to stop believing in or fighting for this country. I hope you don't either.

Carlos



Final Reflection

"I am an American", Carlos writes, then he writes "undocumented youth like me."

You are NOT an American Carlos. You are a foreign national in another country, and it makes no difference who long you have lived in this country. You are not an American because you have no legal status to live in this country.

This is the most shameful ploy yet from the Left. They really think that they can erode the meanings of words and fundamental legal realities? It's just plain outrageous.

And it is not going to push the Democrats anywhere near taking back the House of Representatives this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment