Monday, October 9, 2017

Congressman Lou Correa's Office Staffer Throws Me Out!

               

Claudio Gallegos is the staffer who works for Congressman Lou Correa (D-Santa Ana).

This elected official thinks that it is OK to feature a painting with Lady Liberty wrapped in a hijab.

That is offensive and outrageous.

What Gallegos did to me in Congressman Correa's office was really despicable.

I arrived as a private citizen to speak out against the painting on the wall.

The staffers welcomed me into the office, and I sat down. I had two documents prepared to share with the office. I read most of my remarks from the article, then sounded off my outrage and opposition to the hijab painting.

Within five minutes, Gallegos rushed into the office and told me to leave. He accused of me and "my group" of issuing death threats against Congressman Lou Correa and his staff. That is simply not true. We never engaged in such behavior. It's simply not the case.

This abuse of power from elected officials and their staffers must cease.

We need to hold our government accountable, specifically the arrogant and abusive staffers in their midst.

No comments:

Post a Comment