Friday, February 19, 2016

Mark Meadows Called ... and Thanked Me!

So much has been happening for me and many of  my conservative friends over the past two months.

Sometimes.

I wanted to write a brief shout-out to Congressman Mark Meadows (R-North Carolina)

Just after the end of the year, and entering into this new year, I wrote my thoughts and answers for the McLaughlin Group's year in review.

Now every year, the McLaughlin Group talks about the best and worst in culture and politics, much of it based on their commentary and discussion.

Who was the biggest winner for 2015?

Biggest Winner: Donald Trump? No. I will say Grassroots Conservatives across the country. From the restoration of Congressman Mark Meadows (R-NC) to his subcommittee chairmanship to Red State governors across the country taking back their power (including Governor Matt Bevin of Kentucky), conservatives are finally realizing the wins they had sought in 2010 and 2014.

What about Mark Meadows? Read here:

Most Defining Political Moment: Boehner’s Resignation. His sudden downfall sent the message loud and clear to the Washington DC status quo: Game Over.

And this defining moment would have never happened without the following:

Boldest Political Tactic: Mark Meadow’s discharge petition to remove Boehner. 

http://www.carolinapublicpress.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Mark-Meadows_featured.jpg
Congressman Mark Meadows (R-North Carolina)

 

A few days later, I received an email from one of Congressman Meadow's staff.

The Congressman wanted to call me personally and thank me for my comments!

Wow!

He left the following message the next day:

Mark Meadows here. Hope you are doing well. Thank you for your article. Enjoyed  reading. I shared it with [Congressman] Jim Jordan. He read it. He was a central figure in having my chairmanship restored. as you accurately put it, that was one of THE few times and a few others where tHE grassroots felt like they had won.  You were aBle to capture something that was very accurate but very underreported. I just wanted to call and say good work and kudos to you to be bold enough  to look at it in a different way than your colleages.

I just want to express my appreciation!

 Thank you, Congressman Meadows!


No comments:

Post a Comment