Friday, October 9, 2015

On Taking Down McCarthy (And the Fights To Come)

It was Thursday Morning, and I was already having a good morning, walking through my West Torrance, CA neighborhood, one of the most Republican sections of my city, one of the cleanest and prettiest, when a good friend of mine called. He taught me the tools of the political trade, how to fight and win, to take away the toys of the Left, and leave them crying. Then he called me back and shared the good news: “McCarthy has dropped out of the race for Speaker of the House!”

I jumped for joy, right in the middle of the street. I didn’t whether to laugh or make a touchdown.
We won.

Granted, Charles Johnson of Gotnews.com wrote a number of exposes suggesting that House Majority Leader McCarthy was having a fling with the “abortive” Renee Ellmers. Granted, that would have created bad press, even if the allegations were not true. But the first salvo really came from Mark Meadows of North Carolina and his discharge petition.

Meadows did not fight alone, either. Grassroots conservatives throughout the country rallied to his defense when Jason Chaffetz removed his chairmanship. He then backed off. Meadows would not have taken the bigger step if conservatives were not walking with him through the smaller ones.


We won.

I have been receiving emails of support from conservatives activists in Virginia, a team of committed grassroots Republicans who took down pro-amnesty Eric Cantor in 2014.

Kim Singhas wrote the following to me shortly after McCarthy announced his decision to drop out of the race:

IF YOU DID THIS- KUDOS TO YOU. 

A BIG WIN FOR THE CONSERVATIVES. 

In the next email, I wrote to her:

I am going to pat myself on the back a little bit.

I refused to sit back and say nothing.

If Mark Meadows could discharge Boehner, then we could discharge McCarthy

Her next comments:

YOU DESERVE  MORE THAN A PAT ON THE BACK. 

SURFER DUDE MCCARTHY WAS EXPOSED BY RACHEL MADCOW ON MSNBC FOR THE RODEO CLOWN THAT HE IS.....

2ND IN LINE TO THE PRESIDENT? ARE YOU KIDDING ME. 

GOOD JOB-

She then informed me about a book she wrote -- in fact, she had written to me about this book after my column "Bye-Bye Boehner":

First she wrote to me:

Dear Mr. Schaper: 

I read your article Bye Bye Boehner and Take McCarthy with you. 

I am writing you  to tell you about a book coming out written by the two whiz kids who managed the campaign that  defeated Republican Majority Leader Eric Cantor and served as the impetus for the change coming to leadership in Washington. 

It is an inspiring book for the nation - a grassroots playbook on how to take this country back one election at a time. 


I hope you enjoy it. 

Warm Regards,

Kim Singhas
Hanover County VA- 
Grassroots volunteer for the Brat primary campaign that defeated Eric Cantor

Here are her comments to me yesterday, following McCarthy's resignation:

PLEASE PROMOTE THE BOOK

How to Bag a RINO


THE STORY OF THE DEFEAT OF THE BOEHNER, CANTOR, MCCARTHY SUCCESSION PLAN. 

CAUTION WITH PAUL RYAN- ONE OF CANTOR'S YOUNG GUN AUTHORS WITH MCCARTHY. 

RYAN IS ONE OF THEM..............

The fight is far from over conservatives, but we are winning.

We need leadership for We the People, not the Chamber of Commerce, the public sector unions, or the K StreetlLobbyists,


No comments:

Post a Comment