Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Horror Stories of Obamacare: Near Boise, Idaho -- Part Two




For Renee: Obamacare turned out to be one big, lying disappointment

Here's the rest of the Letter from "Horror Story" Near Boise "Renee":

Sure, you can post it (with two caveats), it's one reason I posted it in the first place. I'm pissed off they lied about the pre-existing conditions thing. And the pols will just blame it on the insurance companies. Which I don't want. I want the blame to fall squarely where it deserves to be laid. They said I would be covered, and they lied.
I can't give you too many details, I'm afraid, I just got this job, and I'm on probation for 6 months...please leave the state blank, asterisks, if you please. Thank you. And please don't use my real name...Renee will do.

About me...I just left a horrible job, terrible hours, long commute, to a job I had been trying to get for 5 years, very close to home. My insurance with my previous horrible employer was set to expire at the end of March...okay, my current employer had insurance that would be enacted the first of March...everything good. I'm 53, good health, don't smoke, exercise, try to eat healthy, do yoga, yada, yada, yada. My husband is 41, and I'm trying not to die before he does...lol...I could handle him dying better than the reverse, you should have seen the poor soul when our cats died (of old age, they were 18 years old).

Then I got the letter from the new insurance company...Subject:Notice of pre-existing waiting period. I thought, WTH? I thought that pre-exsting conditions were supposed to covered under the monstrosity they called "ObamaCare". Well, I had 3 pre-existing conditions, which one wasn't covered? The one would go away when menopause finally kicked in, wasn't worried about that, and the other, arthritis, I refused medication for, I can ease that with a water fast of a few days. But the chronic insomnia was something I've had all my life (something about too much dopamine or something like that running around in my head). Ambien, even generic, is really expensive...the mild tranks, not so much, I could pay for them. So I call the insurance company. The letter said that any pre-existing conditions would not be covered unless I didn't see a doctor about them until November of this year. Again, WTH? The lady on the phone told me that pre-existing condtions, even under the auspices of the ACA, would not be covered because my new policy was enacted before March 31, 2014, and was therefore "grandfathered in", and not subject to the pre-existing conditions bit of the ACA. I was polite, and didn't yell at her, but I was not a happy camper.

So, I will run out of meds before November. Namely, next month. If I call my doctor for a refill, they will not be covered. If I see my doctor, like I do every 6 months for this, I will not be covered. So, I pay out of pocket...I'm thankful that I didn't have something really life threatening and chronic. But there are people that do. And I am sorry for them, because if they have changed jobs (and insurance) recently, they are screwed.

So, the effing big deal they made out of "but you'll have coverage for pre-existing conditions!" was not entirely true. And mine is so minor compared to others, but still. Don't lie to me...I hate a liar. I've always maintained that socialized medicine is great for those that want a doctor to take care of every sniffle, but what about those of us that try to take care of ourselves? I should take care of Mr./Ms. Couch Potato? Why??? I don't see a doctor unless I have to for a work excuse (last 5 years, always a bad flu), or if he won't refill my meds unless I see him for a check-up. And I adore my doctor (I usually despise them). And he's told me he's going to quit medicine because he doesn't want the government to tell him what to do. And he's the best M.D. I've ever had. I'm screwed here.

Anyway, would the insurance company prefer to cover cirrhosis of the liver, and possibly a liver transplant from all the alcohol I'm going to have to consume to maybe get a few hours of sleep at night, and feel like crap in the morning? And I drive big trucks...me feeling like crap every day will not be a good thing for the general public. Or will they cover my twice (maybe 3 times) a year doctor's visits, and my prescriptions? Except for the sleep meds, I usually throw them away anyhow. I pay more into my insurance than they have to spend on me a year. It's not like it's costing them that much (if anything).

Anyway, you can use this email, with the caveats listed above. No real name, and don't list my state. I've tried to long and waited forever to get this job. Please don't mess it up for me. Thank you. I should not have to be paranoid about this, but Big Brother is everywhere these days. The 1st Amendment is truly toast.


Thank you, once again, Renee for sharing your story.

I am tired of people saying "They're lying!"

I will not permit anyone to shame or silence people.

I know that the trolls will attack this story and every other account, looking for any way to discredit the hardship and pain which  you have endured because of the terrible Obamacare law, which actually prevented you from getting the quality, affordable care you were seeking.

Renee further blasts the argument that liberals and defenders of the law will attempt: "It's not Obamacare's fault. It's the insurance companies' fault."

Baloney! Thanks for calling out that lie, too, Renee!

But now, and I hope that more people will realize that ACA is anything but Affordable or caring, and notice how conveniently Democrats no longer talk about the "Patient Protection" part.

Wow!

Thanks for your courage in sharing your story, Renee!

16 comments:

  1. Here's Art's "victim" Renee--unwilling to help herself, in her own words:

    "I'd rather pay out of pocket than deal with ObamaCare. It would cost me a lot less. My insurance may not cover my pre existing conditions, like that lying POS Congress said it would, but I'm not spending hours on that POS website, which is chock full of security holes, I might add, just to have to pay more for socialized medicine. I take care of myself...I should have to pay hundreds, thousands extra for Mr. and Ms. Couch Potato's health insurance needs???"

    Deep thinker, eh? What an idiot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Idiot? Look in the mirror, libtard. I did state that I would take care of myself if the insurance company wouldn't.. Can Mr. and Ms. Couch Potato say the same? I should support them and you, why, exactly? How am I unwilling to help myself? Because I'm not willing to get on a website chock full of security holes and pay higher premiums and a higher deductible? It costs me less to pay for my own shit.

      Maybe you should try getting your info from someplace other than the LSM. Who lie...repeatedly. How, exactly, am I unwilling to help myself? I have a job, pay my own medical bills. Can you say the same, Mr./Ms. Entitlement Junkie?

      Delete
    2. I guess you're drunk again. (Nice right-wing cliches: "libtard", "entitlement junkie", etc., Did you swallow a Glenn Beck book or something?)

      Sober up--you don't need an out-of-pocket ER visit (covered under ACA).

      Delete
    3. No, I don't need an out-of pocket ER visit...and they were covered before the travesty you call the ACA.

      Delete
  2. The libbie trolls can kiss my Pakistani rear....them and Harry Reid...I've told the truth. Deal with it.

    I've been told that "Oh, but you don't have to get your employer's insurance! You can go on ObamaCare." Uh-huh...and pay higher premiums and a higher deductible, on a website that is so full of security holes it isn't funny? I pay $35 every 2 weeks. with a $250 deductible. Obamacare can beat that? Bullshit. My current insurance may not cover my pre-existing, but my doctor gives me cheap rates for paying cash. which I will do. And I've been paying out of pocket for my meds for a long time now, and thanks to the Internet (which Obama has now effed up too), I have a reasonably cheap place which to buy my pre-existing meds.

    And they want me to pay these higher premiums and higher deductible for what? Stupid people who go to doctors at the first sniffle? Who don't exercise and don't eat right, and basically do nothing to care for their own health? Screw you and the pony you rode in on.

    I'll pay for the treatment of my pre-existing. I thank the gods I don't have cancer or Pakinson's or anything of that ilk.

    You ObamaCare trolls have fun when your identity gets stolen and the states come after you for what you haven't paid in. Remember the Omnibus Bill? Don't think you're leaving anything behind for your kids when you die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are not so tough, are they Renee! They cannot stand up for themselves, so they try to pick on others. It really is not a fair fight, Renee -- they are defenseless ! Go Renee, Go! They can't beat "The Rapp"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shut up, Art. You are a factless moron. Your blow-up doll has more on the ball than you do.

      Delete
    2. Typical...resort to name calling when you haven't a reasonable retort.

      Delete
    3. Gee, Renee, you mean like calling Jim a "libtard" or "Entitlement junkie"?

      Delete
    4. Is that the best you can do?

      Delete
  4. You need serious help. Your hostility toward an imaginary bogeyman is clouding your judgement. If you aren't smart enough to explore all your options due to the lies perpetuated by talk radio, Fox, little-read bloggers like Art, then good luck to you--you'll need a lot of it. Hope you enjoy paying your doc as your health issues add up as you age. It was your choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and it's my choice to try to take care of myself as I age. Which I do. Can you say the same? Or are you one of those 20-somethings that thinks they're immortal? I have explored my options, and paying cash is a lot more reasonable that your so-called ACA. My health issues are minor, as I have stated. Will you be able to say the same when you are my age? Or will the state have to take everything you had left in your estate to pay for what you didn't in medical care?

      Delete
    2. If your health issues are "minor"--as you have now described them--then why did you respond to Art, who was trolling for "victims"? Why did you write this:

      "I can't give you too many details, I'm afraid, I just got this job, and I'm on probation for 6 months...please leave the state blank, asterisks, if you please. Thank you. And please don't use my real name...Renee will do."

      Looks like you are perfectly content--wrong-headed, but content--with paying cash. So be it. But then don't whine when your health takes its inevitable nosedive, and don't respond to trolling bloggers like Art if you have "minor" health issues. There are people who actually need the ACA--you're just someone who likes to bitch about "Obamacare" and the "liberals". Go away--you are a fraud.

      Delete
  5. Well, unlike a lot of you ACA fans, I have a job that I have to get up early for. Night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, Boy Wonder, your "report" is wrong again! Your "victim" Renee refuses to look at the ACA option, so clearly she has no idea what a premium would be. Of course, under the ACA, her pre-existing conditions would be covered from Day One. She is just an anti-Obama, anti-"liberal" nut who you reeled in when trolling for blog content. Nice job, Boy Wonder! Total bullshit, as usual.

    ReplyDelete