Monday, November 4, 2013

Grace that Defines, Drives, and Defends

Grace is God's unmerited, undeserved favor. 

Everything that we have, that we do, that we are depends on God's grace.

We live by His grace:

We are defined by God's grace:

"To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved." (Ephesians 1: 6)

"Accepted" is "made gracious" or "graced". We are covered in unmerited favor because of Jesus Christ!

This grace drives us:

"But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me." (1 Corinthians 15: 10)

The grace of God also defends us:

When we fail:

" Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:" (Romans 5:20)

The law was not meant for us so that we could live holy lives. The law was given so that everyone of us would see that we are born dead in our trespasses, and that we need a savior.

Jesus is this Savior, and He is not just a Savior the moment that we come to believe on Him for salvation from death and hell to life and eternity in heaven. He wants to save us every day, too!

His grace defends us when we face trials, too:

"9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." (2 Corinthian 12: 9-10)

Jesus died on the Cross not just to wipe away our sins, but to grant us His life, and His life suffuses us with His grace, unmerited favor which defines us, which drives us, and which defends us.

No comments:

Post a Comment