Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Way to Go, Dan Quayle!

I wear their scorn as a badge of honor.
-- Vice President Dan Quayle discussing how he
copes with criticism from the media elite, 6/9/92
(reported in Esquire, 8/92)


I do not care  how anyone spells "potato", but I do care how people spell "integrity" and courage" in their daily walk.

Dan Quayle brings it on with this statement. The Vain-stream, Main-scream media hammered him for a few gaffes during his tenure as Vice President under George Herbert Walker Bush. They were unkind to him then, but he has witnessed his children do very well in politics since then, and he is now witnessing the downfall of the national media markets which have tilted liberal-left for too long without any challenge their information hegemony.

The Mainscream media recently tried to take down Missouri Congressman Todd Akin, who is now pulling ahead once again.

Substance is trumping style these days, and J. Danforth Quayle deserves respect and honor for standing up to the double-standard of the media pundits who made joke after joke about an erudite statesman who just said a few things wrong.

This verse comes to mind when I think of the stupid reviling which Quayle helped vilify:

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

"Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." (2 Corinthians 12: 9-10)

No comments:

Post a Comment