Monday, July 23, 2012

Live Like Willy Wonka, not Willy Lohman

Paul Silva's letters are some of the best parts or reading "The Beach Reporter".

I liked how Mr. Silva compared the hard knocks of his growing up with the relative ease that his son is currently facing in the working world:

"I told him he would feel like Willy Lohman, and instead he comes home at night acting like Willy Wonka."

I loved "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" -- the book as well as the movie. I loved how carefree the Candyman could be, and I know and believe that we can all live as freely, if we stop worrying about tomorrow and live in today.

Why strive to be like someone else? Don't try to work for success outside of you -- find the success that first thrives inside you, and live out the good within you.

Don't sell out or sell yourself short to make it in a dog-eat-dog world. Live like the man or woman you were made to be, and roll down the Chocolate River of Life.

Find that sweet spot that makes the rest of life worth living, and you will see nothing but wealth and opportunity wherever you go.

I think that if more of us lived life like Willy Wonka instead of Willy Lohman, we would enjoy life, and that more abundantly.

My favorite verse that encapsulates this for me:

"Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and the rest shall be added unto you." (Matthew 6: 33)








No comments:

Post a Comment