Friday, May 18, 2012

Donna Summer, Rest In Peace

For my first year of full-time teaching, the only rhythm that stirred me up enough to get to work was . .. bouncing to the beat of Donna Summer's "Last Dance" while driving down the 105 Freeway to South Gate.

I do not know how I survived that first year, although one thing's for sure, I eventually quit in a flustrered and rattled huff.

Still, "Last Dance" helped me to last through the first semester, before I insisted on taking on a Masters Degree in Education.

Donna Summer is a success story. She sang great songs, changed the beat that was bumping in disco and dance halls throughout the country, and she still commanded a great deal of respect, even into her final years.

She influenced many, but it is the influence of the gospel which I am sure will propel her from diva on earth to one sitting in heavenly places with her lord and savior.

Thanks for the great tunes, Donna. See you when I get up there to meet you for another dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment