Sunday, November 27, 2011

Reflections on "My Utmost" November 25

"When a person is newly born again, he seems inconsistent due to his unrelated emotions and the state of the external things or circumstances in his life. The apostle Paul had a strong and steady underlying consistency in his life."

What is this "underlying consistency" that Chambers is referring to?

"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." (Romans 8:1)

No condemnation, none, zero, nada, absolutely none! Therefore, we can assent in full agreement with Paul to the Corinthians:

"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." ( 2 Corinthians 5:21)

If I am the righteousness of God IN CHRIST, then I have ultimate favor, glory, power, majesty, strength, and wealth -- for:

"And [God]hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:" (Ephesians 2:6)

And

"Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world" (1 John 4:4)

We have nothing, nothing at all to worry about! Paul goes on at length about the security, efficacy, and wonder of our standing IN CHRIST in Romans 8 -- nothing against us for He is for us -- promising to give us all things through His Son Jesus Christ!

That is your consistency -- not "your thinking about" even, for it will ever be there for every believer.

One of my greatest shortfalls in the my walk with Christ was that I had to "hold on" to Him with my thinking. But that runs counter to the revelation and release of His Promises:

"That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

"Not of works, lest any man should boast.

"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." (Ephesians 2: 7-10)

By grace -- unmerited favor -- are we saved, through faith, not by works -- not even "my believing" as an effort on my part. My faith gives me access to what God has already given me. That took the immense pressure of having to maintain myself -- when it is God through Christ through the Holy Spirit who leads me to work out what the Holy Trinity has already worked in!

No comments:

Post a Comment