Saturday, August 20, 2011

Response Poem to "Homeland Bound"

First of all, I like that Mr. Suissa's poem include an outline of the Jewish State, including the West Bank, Gaza, and the Golan Heights. I believe that Israel has every right to exist right where it is now, with its current borders intact, post-1967. Take back the West Bank, take back Gaza, and do not cede the Golan Heights!

Here is a poem I was moved to write in response to Mr. Suissa "Homeward Bound."

Take Back the Holy Land

Promised by YHWH to Abram, who became Abraham, Father-of-Many

Abraham had many sons,
Of whom I am one

Remember the Promise
The Promised Land
Given by God to Abraham

Cottage or cottage cheese
West Bank or Bank of the West
Israel belongs to the Jews
A Blessing to the Gentiles
A nation through whom
All the nations will be blessed

Blessed be Abraham
Said Melchizedek, King of Righteousness
And Blessed be God-Most-High

Abraham had many sons,
Of whom I am one

Israel, the Prince with God
Wrestled with the Heavenly Messenger
He lost his strength to walk
Yet he gained the Promise

Israel, the Cup of Trembling
The Apple of God's Eye
Forbidden Fruit to the Forces of Evil
The Promised Land for Everyone

Abraham had many sons,
Of whom I am one

Jews may dream
Yet YHWH proclaimed
A Father of many nations I have made you
As weeping prophets of old foretold
Weeping for joy or sorrow or both

I will make a new covenant
A brit shalom shalom
A name never to be cut off
If heaven and earth can be cut to length
I will cast off the seed of Israel
Like the stars in heaven
Like the sands on the shore of the sea
Thy seed shall inherit the Gentiles

Abraham had many sons,
Of whom I am one

Captives no more
They shall all return
From their tents, from their troubles
They will laugh again, like Isaac
Jerusalem, the Cup of Trembling
All will be cut who try to cut you
YHWH will destroy all nations
Who seek your destruction

YHWH who gave Israel manna from heaven
Will give wealth to you and to the world

Many sons had Abraham
And I am one of them





No comments:

Post a Comment